Ameera Forum
v Karabacek added another fo

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ameera Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 02-11-2019 06:18:04    Onderwerp: v Karabacek added another fo Reageren met citaat
Once a career NHL agitator himself, Minnesota forward Matt Cooke can relate to what Patrick Kaleta is going through this week and went so far as reach out to him after the Wilds game in Buffalo on Monday. "I told him, Ive been there, its not fun - Its hard," Cooke told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com. "I laid it out there that if he wants to know what I did, Id gladly talk to him about it. He knows Pommer (former Sabre-turned-Wild forward Jason Pominville), so I told him `If you want to get hold of me, Im there to talk." Cooke, whos had his share of league discipline over a 15-year career, came back a changed player with the Pittsburgh Penguins after being suspended for the last 10 regular-season games and first round of the playoffs in 2010-11. And his advice for Kaleta is to try to do the same thing. "During my suspension, with either (Dan) Bylsma or (Tony) Granato, I probably watched about 30 or 40 hours of video; watching players that play a physical style," said Cooke. "The hours of video work I did seriously helped me," he added. "The work that I put in has helped me not only take the risky plays out but also become a more effective player. Ive got a way more active stick on the forecheck, and Im more aware of my surroundings which has helped me offensively." Kaleta was handed a 10-game suspension on Tuesday for an illegal check to the head of Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman Jack Jackson, a decision that he, his agent and the NHL Players Association will appeal. Part of changing his game included dealing with adversity, as Cooke recalled an incident in the 2010-11 season when a player dove into the boards after he barely touched him. "My heart was racing," Cooke told LeBrun. "I thought I was getting suspended. But before I was even off the ice Brendan (Shanahan) had called (Penguins GM) Ray Shero to tell him he knew I didnt touch the guy. That re-assured me." And by Cookes own admission, hes still learning. "Its never going to be over for me, and I realize that, and Im fine with that," he said. "Right now I err on the side of caution. I still watch video to make re-assure that there are good times to go out and by physical. "Its just a read. If you dont change the way you visually see the game, then change is impossible." Case in point - Cooke leads the Wild in scoring with three goals and six points in seven games and has yet to pick up a penalty minute this season. "Theres a huge difference in the way I approach the game now," he explained. "The days of just going for the big hit, every time possible, is just not feasible. The way the game is played now, the speed of the game, and the way the kids are taught to play the game." Files from ESPN.com by TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun were used for this report. Replica Soccer Jerseys .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Saltalamacchia drove in the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, Henderson Alvarez won for the first time in three starts and the Miami Marlins beat the Braves 3-2 on Thursday night. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/ . Howard hit a three-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to lift the Philadelphia Phillies to a 6-3 win over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night. Clearance Soccer Jerseys . Sections of the British media reported Friday that Brooklyn Beckham, the son of United great David, was invited to a training session at the club on Thursday. Fake Soccer Jerseys . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists.HALIFAX -- The Halifax Mooseheads held off a late rally to win their fourth straight Quebec Major Junior Hockey League game Saturday. Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. But the Sea Dogs (6-14-2) rallied hard in the third with four goals including two from Stephen Anderson. Will Thompson, Nathan Noel and Noah Zilbert also scored while Sebastien Auger allowed all six goals on 32 shots. Auger was replaced by Antoine Landry, who made 13 saves in the third. --- SAGUENEENS 6 VOLTIGEURS 3 DRUMMONDVILLE, Que. -- Chicoutimi cruised after taking a 4-1 lead in the first period. Charles Hudon had two goals for the Sagueneens (12-12-0), while Philippe Archambault, Jeremy Bouchard, Jeremy Lepine and Janne Puhakka scored the others. Joey Ratelle, Giovanni Fiore and Nikolas Brouillard scored for Drummondville (13-7-1). Chicoutimi goaltender Domenic Graham finished with 30 saves. In the Voltigeurs net, Joe Fleschler and Louis-Philip Guindon combined to stop 19 shots. --- SCREAMING EAGLES 4 CATARACTES 2 SHAWINIGAN, Que. -- Cameron Darcy scored the first and last goals of the game in Cape Bretons win against the Cataractes. Maxim Lazarev and William Carrier also scored for the Screaming Eagles (10-9-3), and Chase Marchand made 30 saves. Francis Beauvillier and Mason Gray had the goals for Shawinigan (3-16-2), with Marvin Cupper stopping 22 shots. The ggame opened with a pair of short-handed goals, one from Darcy at 3:12 of the first before Beauvillier equalized just over two minutes later with a shortie of his own.dddddddddddd --- FOREURS 5 PHOENIX 1 SHERBROOKE, Ont. -- Anthony Mantha padded his stats as the leagues top scorer. Mantha scored twice and had an assists for Val-dOr (12-9-0) to give him a QMJHL-leading 22 goals, as well as 26 assists for a league-best 48 points. Timotej Sille, Guillaume Gelinas and Anthony Beauregard also scored for the Foreurs while Keven Bouchard stopped 19 shots. Vincent Deslauriers had the lone goal for the Phoenix (9-12-2), and Francis Desrosiers finished with 35 saves. --- OLYMPIQUES 4 ISLANDERS 3 CHARLOTTETOWN -- Emile Poirier scored in overtime to lift Gatineau past the Islanders. Poiriers goal 4:52 into OT capped a comeback by the Olympiques (15-8-0), who scored three goals in the third period to force extra time. Martin Reway scored twice and Vaclav Karabacek added another for Gatineau, while Anthony Brodeur stopped 31 shots. Ryan Graves, Daniel Sprong and Jack Nevins each scored for Charlottetown (11-7-3), and Antoine Bibeau made 40 saves. --- REMPARTS 5 HUSKIES 2 QUEBEC CITY -- Anthony Duclair scored twice as the Remparts exploded for four goals in the second period. Yannick Turcotte, Alexandre Boivin and Zachery Moody also scored for Quebec (10-8-4). Marcus Power and Victor Baldaev replied for Rouyn-Noranda (12-7-2). Remparts goaltender Francois Brassard stopped 29 shots, while at the other end of the ice Alexandre Belanger allowed four goals on 20 shots. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ameera Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: